Monday 15 August 2011

Game engine change

As you all know I was originally using Leadwerks. But I'm sick of it, mainly because of the lack of tutorials online, way too much code for simple events, so I'm giving up on it.

If you ever read this, and think of using Leadwerks, it has a nicy shiny surface which seems easy to use at first (it is), and the pictures look beautiful but when you get to the hard nitty-gritty stuff it's simply wastes your time.

I've moved over to Unity 3D, so I'm starting over again -_- but thankfully there's many tuts online to aid me.

The biggest problem is converting my Redwall models which proves to be a real pain, since the original software I created the model with is designed for Leadwerks. I got my model to convert through a pipeline of multiple tool and import into 3DS max, but I unfortunately lose all my textures and every single shape on the Redwall building is split into small brushes (there's about 300-400 brushes per wall). Anyway that is for a later date to fix the model, for now I'll start getting the basics of game done.

So thy game is being continued

No comments:

Post a Comment